31 October 2014

Intuition, October 30, 2014 - February 26, 2015

An inner voice whispered
That no matter where I went or what I did
I would feel safe and be safe, even
In times of despair -
Joy not guaranteed, only

A hope to make it out of the rabbit hole
In the face of all manner of petty
Plans and designs -
               Human plans and designs
That matter only to the living
In the way that solid ground
Might matter to the earthbound.

I actively listen for intuition
Without any argument of the type that causes nations to war
And people to very nearly kill those they profess to love
In the name of being right.
I find comfort in this uncomfortable world,
My burdens become light.
I know that life is not to be lived alone.
Intuition is wisdom confirmed.

God, nature, creativity, science, mythology, creative imagination, spirituality, atheism, agnosticism, the spirituality of atheism:
Names that matter to some, less to others.
So much does not matter.
My inner voice? Matters.
It’s saying that I should try not to be a dick.

Yours, to you, might be saying the same,
Listen.